The technical department performs ongoing supervision over the technical aspects of fleet operation based on the regulations of classification societies, flag state requirements, good seamanship practice and the latest regulations and trends in this area. The aim of the technical department is to ensure the trouble-free and zero-lost-time operation of the fleet. In addition to the above, the department is responsible for the efficient management of resources within the budget allocated to the ship and advising the crews on different aspects of current operations and work carried out.
Main tasks of the technical department are:
- Coordination of internal and external service resources.
- Ensuring failure-free operation.
- Organization and supervision of planned, emergency and shipyard repairs.
- Supervision of ship documentation, with particular emphasis on certificates.
- Control of compliance with company procedures, international conventions and regulations.