The operations department is the main coordinator of communication between the shipowner, the charterer and all third parties involved in the ship's voyage (agents, bunker suppliers, consignees, surveyors, etc.). The main task of the operations department is to monitor and control the daily operation of the ships and ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the company's procedures, IBC Code, MARPOL and ISGOTT conventions and the agreed terms of the charter contract. The operations department is the focal point of the company – it coordinates the activities of the vessel with the various departments in the company. All members of the department are graduates of the Maritime University in Szczecin.
The operator's responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of the specifications of all operating units.
- Checking the possibility of transporting a given load, physical limitations or financial consequences.
- Preliminary stowage arrangement in accordance with relevant regulations, ship restrictions and customer requirements.
- Appropriate transmission of instructions to the master and port agents
- Planning, in close cooperation with the ship's master, local agent and ship's broker, port berthing and performance monitoring to ensure the best possible result.
- Bunkers arrangement in the most efficient way possible.
- Demurrage claims.
- Issuing freight/demurrage/invoices.
- CO2 emission and EEOI reports for customers upon voyage completion.
- Voyage settlement.